Who doesn’t crave a bit of chocolate or something sweet? In this video, my favourite natural health physician talks you through his recipe for a healthy chocolate snack.
Here are some notes I took as I watched the video:
- Main fat is is raw cacao butter. Melt it in a double boiler (Pyrex container inside a pan of boiling water).
- You can also use coconut oil (equal parts of this and the cacao butter).
- Add raw organic cacao powder.
- Add Lohan sweetener or Stevia (you don’t need to add both, though he does add both in this video).
- Cinnamon is a healthy spice you can add.
- Liquid Stevia can be added. You can get chocolate & mint flavor stevia.
- Pure vanilla extract.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Pour onto a dinner plate and put it in the refrigerator. Alternatively use a silicon mold and and pour the mixture into the mold and refrigerate.
I haven’t tried the recipe myself, but will be. I think I’ll chop up some walnuts (and other nuts) really fine and add to mine as they’ll provide a lot of great vitamins (as well as fatty acids). Also a pinch of salt will bring out the flavor of the chocolate. I know chili goes well with chocolate, so that would be an excellent one to try as well.
Enjoy your chocolate!
How would you improve the recipe? Leave a comment below if you have any suggestions.