Hungry for Change is an inspiring movie that looks at how we are slowly killing ourselves by eating the wrong types of food. It’s not always about our food choices either. The amount of sugar that young kids eat is staggering, and it’s not in sweets and chocolate.
Here are some startling facts from the movie.
- One-third of women and one-quarter of men in the US are on a diet.
- More than 60 billion a year is spent on diet solutions in the US alone.
- Two-thirds of dieters gain more weight back than they originally lost on the diet.
- An average American consumes 150 pounds of sugar and sweeteners every year.
- Fats and sugars are “addictive” because humans are programmed to put on fat when there is plenty of food available. Our bodies crave these things because our ancestors evolved to eat as much food as they could as they didn’t know where the next meal was coming from.
One of my favourite quote from the movie is:
“It’s not what you are eating, it’s what is eating you!”
Anthony Robbins said of this film:
“This inspiring film has the power to transform your health.”
Watch the first 20 minutes of this movie for free on the official site.