Turmeric has an active ingredient called curcumin. It is a fantastic antioxidant. Antioxidants help to reduce the levels of free radicals that can cause damage to your cells, tissues and even DNA. Damage to DNA can lead to cancer and other problems.
In this video, natural health physician Dr. Mercola discusses the antioxidant properties of Turmeric.
Notes on the video
- We need to build up our antioxidant reserves.
- Easiest way to do this is to eat lots of high quality plants.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin E are great antioxidants, as it ubiquinol that recycles antioxidants and reactivates them.
- Turmeric contains curcumins that is incredibly potent (8 x more potent than vitamin E and a lot more potent than vitamin C). Curcumin can help protect your body against these free radicals.
- Look for organic turmeric if possible.
Read more about curcumin supplements.