This video outlines some of the problems with healthcare:
Notes on the video:
- The American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the US.
- 2.2 million people have adverse reactions to drugs prescribed in hospitals (time period unknown).
- Tens of millions of antibiotics are prescribed annually for VIRAL infections.
- There are 7.5 million unnecessary surgical and medical procedures annually.
- 8.9 million people are unnecessarily hospitalized every year.
- 1 in 9 patients get an infection while in hospital.
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement estimate 40,000 incidences of “medical harm” occur EVERY day.
- 1 in 7 medicate beneficiaries will be harmed as a result of the medical care they receive.
- It’s estimated that 450,000 adverse effects to medication happen every year in the US.
- 106,000+ people die every year due to reactions to medication.
- Only 6% of adverse effects are properly diagnosed. Most are mistaken for a new disease symptoms, leading to more drugs and increased risks.
- The cost of these adverse drug reactions is $136 billion annually.
- Adverse drug reactions cause injury or death in 1 of 5 patients in hospital.
- Many problems are caused by over-reliance of pharmaceutical drugs.
- Every body of water tested (lakes, rivers,etc.) contain drug residues.
- Antibiotics used in farming are causing antibiotic resistance in sewage germs.
- In 2009, there were almost 3.68 billion prescriptions filled in the US – that’s around 12 per person!
- Specialists often give two or more prescriptions per visit.
- Over 89% of Medicare patients take prescription medication on a daily basis. 46% take 5 or more!
- 54% take drugs prescribed by more than one doctor.
- In 1999, the US ranked 24th in life expectancy tables. Now it ranks 49th.
- Death rates on patients who took their prescription drugs (aged 45-64) rose 90% in just 5 years.
- Healthcare is about treating symptoms of disease, not curing the cause.
- Modern medicine is not about health, it’s about the profits large corporations can get by ensuring people stay sick.
- Toxins in out environment (and in the food we eat) have a direct link to the illnesses you suffer.
- We are told to stay out of the sun, yet 50,000 people a year die from lack of sun exposure.
- Because of marketing tactics, 90% of the money we spend is on highly processed, unhealthy foods.
Also of interest and backing up what is said in the first video is this one discussing the 3rd leading cause of death in the US (published July 20th 2011):
This information is astonishing.