Dr. Gabriel Cousens is a renowned healer from the Tree of Life in Patagonia, Arizona. The Tree of Life center have a number of nutritional programs, of which the most famous is probably the 21 day program to reverse diabetes. If you are interested in reading more about that video, you can watch Dr. Cousens discuss this in a video on my diabetes page.
In this video, Dr. Cousens in interviewed about nutrition and the aging process.
Some interesting things to take away from the video:
- The less you eat the longer you live (discovered by Luigi Cornaro who lived to 102 after nearly dying in his late 40s).
- The US eat twice the calories that “long life” cultures eat.
- Mice fed 40% less calories has a 400% increase in turning anti-aging genes (as well as anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant and anti-cancer genes).
- People living on a live food, organic, plant based diet can eat half as much calories and remain healthy, essentially because they are getting a lot more nutrients out of the food when compared to cooked foods.
- “The China Study” showed that those who ate the highest proportion of plant based foods had the lowest levels of chronic disease. Those with the highest levels of fish, meat and dairy had the highest levels of chronic disease.
- Raw plant based diets can significantly reduce chances of cancer.
- Meat eaters have a 3.5 times higher rate of prostate cancer.
- People who eat dairy have three times more Leukemia & Hodgkin's disease.
- 16 – 23 minutes a day exercise is also recommended.
- You need to drink a lot of water every day as well. Even slight dehydration can cause problems in your body.
- We need sunshine for vitamin D (which protects you against 70% of cancers).
- Men in a healthy relationship live two years longer on average.