This isn’t a juice, but it is a great drink for a hot day and includes one of my favorite ingredients – ginger.
- 1 inch cube of ginger
- 1/2 liter sparkling mineral water OR 7 Up / Sprite.
Peel the ginger, then grate it on a fine grater. Add the grated pulp and any juice that comes out of the ginger to a large glass with crushed ice. Poor over the sparkling mineral water. This drink can seem a little harsh for those that are not so keen on ginger, so for a more “ginger ale” flavour, use 7 Up or Sprite instead of the mineral water.
Ginger is a fantastic root to use in juices and cooking. Some of the health benefits attributed to ginger (much backed up by scientific research) include:
- Fights various types of cancer cells (it’s been shown to destroy ovarian cancer cells as well as induce cell apoptosis ).
- Compounds called gingerols make it a fantastic anti-inflammatory, and most disease starts with inflammation.
- Treat heartburn and acid reflux.
- Prevent motion sickness, especially sea sickness (and may be more effective than over-the-counter motion sickness medication).
- Boosts the immune system.
- Relief from nausea and vomiting.
- Prevention and treatment of migraines.
- Relieves Menstrual cramps.
Top 10 FREE Juice & Smoothie Recipes
Instant Access! Fruit & vegetable recipes with nutrition info, facts & trivia. Download now!